|Protection from graffiti and dirt - produced from plants - solvent-free, efficient, reversible|
|PSS 20 is highly suitable as a film for protecting building surfaces from graffiti and from environmental pollution and other dirt. PSS 20 can be used on natural stones, artificial stones, concrete, tiles, ceramic wall tiles and metal. For use on coated and/or plastered surfaces, the compatibility pf PSS 20 with the conventional paints, plaster systems and building products is constantly tested together with the leading manufacturers. The result of these tests can be obtained from PSS INTERSERVICE in Switzerland or Germany.|
| PSS 20 is an aqueous solution produced from vegetable polysaccharides. PSS 20 is applied with the aid of an airless unit
to the surface to be protected and dries to form a very thin, extremely homogeneous protective film. PSS 20 is a sacrificial coating
using no solvents at all.
For removing graffiti and/or dirt, the protective film is activated with hot water and is then converted into a gelatinous substance.
Graffiti and dirt, together with parts of the protective film, are then removed, i.e. peeled off sideways, by means of hot water under
pressure (60-90 °C and 20-100 bar, depending on the surface). PSS 20 is reapplied onto the freshly cleaned surface.
PSS 20 is absolutely safe for people, animals and the environment and meets the highest environmental requirements since its components
carry the E-number classification used in the food industry.
PSS 20 has been thoroughly tested by reputable institutes and laboratories in Germany, Switzerland and other European countries. The
most important investigations are shown below.
The PSS 20 film remains on the surface for 5 years, in a decreasing layer thickness. Poor adhesion, mechanical damage or constant flooding with water may impair the protective action. When used for protection from graffiti, another single layer should be applied to the existing system after about 3 years in order to restore the full protective affect.
| Vegetable polysaccharides have been in existence for millions of years. They are chemically stable (inert) and inactive. In nature,
polysaccharides, polysaccharide coats for a very wide range of applications can be produced without chemical changes of the molecules.
Patent proprietor PSi AB in Sweden and the PSS INTERSERVICE Group have specialized in the development, production and distribution of protective polysaccharide films which protect objects from harmful dirt, pollution, paints, etc. and permit environmentally compatible cleaning with water without any chemical additives.
thanks to PSS products
- Effective carbonation inhibitor, preventing the penetration of CO2
- Good protective action against the effects of thawing slat
- Properties relevant to building physics: no restriction of the water vapour diffusibility, value according to DIN 52615: Sd = 0,012 [m]
- Good weathering resistance
- German water hazard classification 0
- Thanks to the full reversibility of polysaccharides, the original condition of the surface can be restored at any time by washing off the system
- No special disposal of PSS 20 required- 100% biodegradable according to DIN 38412/OECD 301 D
- Protected by patents worldwide
| PSS 20 must be used only by trained PSS specialists. In Europe over 100 PSS 20 specialist companies will be happy to advise you on site.|
- Preliminary cleaning of the surface to be protected. Removal of dirt, dust and oil, grease and silicone residues.
- Application of PSS 20 by means of an airless unit; 1 layer when used for protection from dirt, 2 to 3 layers when used for protection from graffiti, depending on the surface.
- Completely safe, solvent-free processing, no protective clothing, no safety goggles and no gloves needed.
- Minimum processing temperature: air (24 hour average) and facade temperature must be at least +5 °C.
- The EU safety data sheet for PSS 20 provides further relevant information.
Detailed processing guidelines are contained in the Technical Manual of PSS INTERSERVICE GmbH and PSS INTERSERVICE LTD for specialist companies using
- Store at temperatures between min. +5 °C and max. +15 °C.|
- PSS 20 in the liquid state must not be frozen.
- In unopened containers, PSS 20 is stable for at least 12 months after production.